Angela Merkel’s visit to Moscow – pragmatism above all elseRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 27, 19:18
Putin, Abe call for quickest restart of talks on Korean settlementRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 27, 18:32
Russian diplomat accuses White Helmets of supporting terrorismRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 27, 17:54
Putin's spokesman warns against attempts to hold unauthorized rallies in MoscowRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 27, 16:43
Russian Foreign Ministry says situation on Korean Peninsula is degradingRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 27, 16:42
Moscow outraged by Macron team’s refusal to give accreditation to Russian mediaRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 27, 16:41
Moscow condemns Israeli airstrike near Damascus airportRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 27, 16:30
Kremlin believes political resolve will eventually produce Russia-Japan peace dealRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 27, 16:21
Kremlin rejects reports of St. Petersburg iconic cathedral transfer approved by presidentRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 27, 16:15
CARACAS, April 19 (Itar-Tass) – Venezuela's national electoral council has decided to check 100 percent of the vote records of the presidential elections, which were held last Sunday, council chairwoman Tibisay Lucena said on Thursday evening.
The Venezuelan election law stipulates that 54 percent of the votes are audited after the polls, with the participation of representatives from all the parties whose candidates participated in the elections. Thus, the electoral council has decided to audit the remaining 46 percent of the votes.
The national electoral council last Sunday declared acting president Nicolas Maduro the winner with 50,78 percent of the votes. His rival in the elections, candidate from the Bloc of Democratic Unity Henrique Capriles gained 48,95 percent, but he refused to recognize the vote results and demanded to recount all the votes.