ANKARA, March 18 (Itar-Tass) – The participants in the talks between Iran and the P5+1 (five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council and Germany) met in Istanbul on Monday, March 18, to discuss Tehran’s nuclear programme.
The two-day discussions, which started on March 17, are still underway and no comments have been made so far.
The Russian delegation led by Alexei Kaprov, Deputy Director of the Foreign Ministry’s Department for Security and Disarmament, said the talks are preparatory in nature ahead of a new meeting of the P5+1 and Iranian political directors in Alma-Ata on April 5-6. The agenda will include a wide range of technical and political issues.
Iran lauded the progress reached at the previous high-level meeting in Astana on February 26-27 but said that the revision of the P5+1’s positions and its new proposals still fail to meet Iran’s interests.