SOCHI, November 2 (Itar-Tass) — Prince Albert II of Monaco has visited the Sanki sledding sport centre in Sochi.
The bobsleigh track was shown to the guest, who was accompanied by Russian Olympic Committee President Alexander Zhukov, Russian Bobsleigh Federation President Georgy Bedzhamov and International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation President Ivo Ferriani, a source of the Sochi 2014 organizing committee told Itar-Tass on Friday.
Prince Albert II, a many-time participant in Olympic bobsleigh competitions, participates in the international forum Peace and Sport. On the second day of the visit, Albert II saw the Sochi bobsleigh track, where test pre-Olympic competitions for the Russian Cup are held these days.
The completions are held ahead of International Training Week that will begin on November 5.
Leading world representatives of sledding sports will gather for the event, which is prepared by about 300 people, including the Sochi 2014 organizing committee's team consisting of specialists and former experienced sportsmen.
Sochi committee officials presented a report to the authoritative commission about the construction and unique features of the bobsleigh track, which was certified by the International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation last week as conforming to the international standards.
Federation president Ferriani said the track was ready for high-level international competitions. The quality and the safety characteristics of the Sochi sledding sport centre fully conform to the international standards. The unique construction and its specific features will definitely make the Sochi 2014 Olympic competitions unforgettable for sportsmen and spectators, he believes.