US visa changes to affect mainly Russian independent travelers, says authorityBusiness & Economy August 21, 21:07
CAS upholds life ban for ex-president of Russian athleticsSport August 21, 20:03
Police confirms man shot dead in Subirats was Barcelona attack perpetratorWorld August 21, 19:50
Premiere for historical drama Matilda rescheduled for late OctoberSociety & Culture August 21, 19:45
Fire in Russia’s Rostov-on-Don fully containedWorld August 21, 19:37
Russia wins two golds on second day of 2017 Universiade in TaipeiSport August 21, 19:29
Washington’s new strategy in Afghanistan aimed against China, expert saysWorld August 21, 18:43
Russia settles last part of Soviet debtBusiness & Economy August 21, 18:37
Man wearing suicide belt shot dead near BarcelonaWorld August 21, 18:29
MOSCOW, October 25 (Itar-Tass) — The investigative bodies of the Russian republic of Tatarstan opened a criminal case over the attempt on the life of law enforcers during the detention operation of the suspected criminals. “This criminal case was combined with a criminal case, which was opened over the attempt on the life of Tatarstan’s mufti and the murder of his deputy,” spokesman for the Russian Investigation Committee Vladimir Markin told Itar-Tass on Thursday.
The Tatar investigation department of the Russian Investigation Committee reported earlier that the whereabouts of the suspects in the attempt on the life of the clergymen were traced down in the search operation on October 24. In the attempt to detain the suspected criminals, the latter, who were blocked in a residential house in Khimiki Street in Kazan, put up armed resistance and detonated an explosive device, presumably a grenade. The Federal Security Service officer was killed in the blast.
After the explosion the storming of the flat, where the terrorists had entrenched, was launched. The terrorists were destroyed in the shootout. During the search at the crime scene three pistols, many component parts of explosive devices ready for assembling and cartridges were found. The suicide bomber belt was found on the body of the dead terrorist.
The destroyed terrorists were identified as members of the so-called Mingaleyev’s gang Ruslan Kashapov and Robert Valeyev. Valeyev was on the federal and international wanted lists. According to available reports, they are involved in the attempts on the life of the Tatar mufti and his former deputy.
“The Tatar investigation department of the Russian Investigation Committee opened a criminal case under the articles for the attempt on the life of a law enforcer and the illegal circulation of weapons, ammunition and explosives. This criminal case was combined with another criminal case, which was opened over the attempt on the life of the Tatar mufti and the murder of his deputy,” Markin said.
The Federal Security Service reported that the destroyed bandits were masterminding a terrorist act during the celebrations of the Eid al-Adha holiday.
Chistopol resident Rais Mingaleyev, resident of the village Maly Atmas of the Rybnoslobodsky district Rafis Gariyev and Kazan residents Robert Valeyev and Albert Ismagilov with previous convictions were wanted for the attempt on the life of the clergymen in Tatarstan.
A reward of one million roubles was set for the information that will help to find the suspects and will help the detectives to solve the crimes.