North Korea test fires another missileWorld May 29, 1:29
Russia’s Zvyagintsev wins Jury Prize at 70th Cannes Film Festival with his LovelessSociety & Culture May 28, 21:32
Three Russian tourists hurt is road accident with tourist minibus in TurkeySociety & Culture May 28, 18:58
Some 40,000 cyclists taking part in Moscow cycle paradeSociety & Culture May 28, 18:33
Corporation Irkut: MS-21 first flight performed in routine modeBusiness & Economy May 28, 16:54
Ukrainian military launch more than 180 shells, mines on Donetsk within one dayWorld May 28, 16:36
Minister: Russia may supply 1,000 MC-21 planes to 2037Business & Economy May 28, 14:42
Lavrov: China, ASEAN interested in organization of Eurasian partnershipRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 28, 11:45
MC-21 airliner makes first test flight - sourceBusiness & Economy May 28, 11:00
LONDON, September 15 (Itar-Tass) — Former Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky has withdrawn a lawsuit against the heirs of the Georgian businessman Badri Patarkatsishvili, who for many years was his business partner. The report was published in the online version of The Financial Times.
The article says, in particular, that Mr Berezovsky, represented by lawyers Addleshaw Goddard, and the Patarkatsishvili family, who are represented by law firm Signature Litigation, said in statements that legal proceedings had been withdrawn with no admission of liability by any of the parties.
“Following the withdrawal of proceedings between Mr Berezovsky and the Patarkatsishvili family, Mr Berezovsky confirms that he has no claim to any interest in any of the assets currently managed by Salford Capital Partners,” according to the statement by Mr Berezovsky.
The lawsuit dates back to 2008 when Mr Berezovsky began legal proceedings against Inna Gudavadze, Iya Patarkatsishvili, Liana Zhmotova and Natela Patarkatsishvili, FT writes.
The lawsuit had centred on whether Mr Berezovsky had an interest in certain assets collectively worth about 3 billion US dollars. Mr Patarkatsishvili’s family had denied Mr Berezovsky’s claim and brought a substantial counterclaim, according to the report.
Mr Berezovsky’s claims against the family estate have now been settled and the terms of the agreement remain confidential.
However, Boris Berezovsky's lawyers confirmed that in October the High Court in London will begin a new phase of consideration of the former oligarch’s lawsuit against Vasily Anisimov, an aluminium tycoon.