Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Local authorities ban March of Millions in St. Petersburg centre

September 04, 2012, 15:42 UTC+3
The city government proposed opposition members to organize separate gatherings or to hold the March of Million on the outskirts of the city
1 pages in this article

ST PETERSBURG, September 4 (Itar-Tass) — The St. Petersburg authorities refused to allow the March of Millions opposition rally in the city centre on September 15, representatives of the two organizing committees, who filed their applications last week, told Itar-Tass on Tuesday.

The city government proposed opposition members to organize separate gatherings or to hold the March of Million on the outskirts of the city.

Andrei Pivovarov from one of the organizing committees, said the local government proposed the Other Russia non-registered party, the Human Rights Council, ROT-Front, the Left Alliance and the National Democratic Party to hold a rally on Konyushennaya Square or the March of Million in Polyustrovsky Park in the city’s northeast.

“We filed another application for starting the march near Oktyabrsky Concert Hall along three different routes,” he said.

Similar conditions were proposed for another organizing committee that includes the Republican Party of Russia – People’s Freedom Party (RPR-PARNAS), the Yabloko Party, the Christian Democrats, the Libertarian Party, the Russian Socialist Movement, the League of Female Voters, LGBT rights organizations and some others.

“We were proposed to hold a rally on Marsovo Pole (the Field of Mars) or the march in Polyustrovsky Park,” a representative of the committee, Tatyana Dorutina, said not ruling out that the committee would also file another application.

 

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама