Turkish authorities impose media ban on coverage of Istanbul explosionWorld December 11, 3:01
Erdogan says Istanbul terrorist attack causes fatalitiesWorld December 11, 2:52
Istanbul explosions leave 15 dead, 69 wounded — TV channelWorld December 11, 2:38
Three settlements in Syria join cessation of hostilities — Russia’s Defense MinistryWorld December 11, 2:34
TV: Islamic State re-enters ancient city of PalmyraWorld December 10, 21:20
Saudi minister says Russia led consultations process with OPECBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:41
UK foreign secretary says protection of civilians should be 'top priority' in SyriaWorld December 10, 20:31
Non-OPEC states join historic oil cut dealBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:23
Russian diplomat urges Western reporters to be unbiased in war news coverageRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 10, 20:08
SEOUL, August 28 (Itar-Tass) — The powerful Typhoon Bolaven that is lumbering across the western coast of the Korean Peninsula to the north killed eight people in South Korea, the National Emergency Management Agency said on Tuesday.
Two Chinese fishing boats with 34 crew members onboard were crippled in waters off Jeju Ilsand early in the morning. Five fishermen were confirmed dead and ten others were reported missing.
Three local residents were killed in Gwangju.
Around 200,000 flats were left without electricity on Jeju Island, Gwangju and Jeolla Province. Many buildings were destructed and flooded. Highways were closed for motorists over strong winds. Studies in many schools have been cancelled since Monday.
The Ulji Freedom Guardian joint military maneuvers of the United States and South Korea that began last week were suspended over the unusually strong typhoon.