Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Repair, recovery works begins in flood-hit Kuban settlement

August 25, 2012, 18:01 UTC+3
The minister instructed not to reduce an emergency group until construction brigades started working
1 pages in this article

MOSCOW, August 25 (Itar-Tass) — Repair and recovery works have begun in the settlement of Novomikhailovsky in the Tuapse district, Krasnodar Territory that was hit by the flood, Emergencies Minister Vladimir Puchkov said.

Speaking at a session of the government commission’s working group on Saturday, Puchkov said, “We are beginning recovery works that should be completed within 15-20 days.”

The minister instructed not to reduce an emergency group until construction brigades started working.

Later Puchkov told journalists that water supply and electricity had been restored. The transport system was fully restored.

The payment of compensations is being organised, Puchkov noted. “A list of compensations for lost property will be ended by the evening of August 26,” the minister said.

Puchkov demanded monitoring be ensured to withdraw children from recreation camps in Kuban.

“The season is ending in children’s recreation camps. Children are being withdrawn,” Puchkov said.

“Thus, monitoring is indispensable. I’d like to calm parents. All children feel well and return home upon completion of their sessions,” Puchkov stressed.

Timely measures were taken during the new flood in Kuban and they allowed us to avoid considerable losses, Puchkov said.

On August 22, Nechepsukho River’s water level rose after rainstorms in the settlement of Novomikhailovsky, the Tuapse district, Krasnodar Territory. Over 600 houses, socially important facilities and the infrastructure were waterlogged. The rainstorms killed four people and hurt about 6,000 people.

“Timely measures to protect the population, warning and information allowed us to avoid considerable losses,” Puchkov said at a session of the government commission’s working group.

He explained that people had been evacuated. The anti-crisis management system was deployed rather quickly. The emergency centres were organised on the spot and in Moscow. “The effective group, including 1,700 people and 200 units of equipment was formed within the shortest time possible,” the minister stressed.

This made it possible to complete rescue and recovery operations by towards evening of August 22. “Communication and water supply has been practically restored. Electricity is being supplied to houses gradually,” Puchkov said.

In his words, the situation in the Tuapse district is stable.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама