Russian defense minister: India’s SCO accession opens up new prospects for cooperationMilitary & Defense June 23, 13:19
Russia and India to hold first combined forces drills in fallMilitary & Defense June 23, 13:14
Serbian president confident EU accession will not aggravate relations with RussiaWorld June 23, 13:14
Press review: Reinforcements from Asia possible in Syria and Russia mulls data leak woesPress Review June 23, 13:00
2017 FIFA Confederations Cup in Russia is 'so far, so good' — Germany’s Emre CanSport June 23, 11:24
NHL says Olympic participation matter closedSport June 23, 11:12
Russia’s telecom watchdog may block Telegram messenger in RussiaBusiness & Economy June 23, 9:15
Russian warships fire Kalibr cruise missiles, destroy IS arms depots in SyriaMilitary & Defense June 23, 9:07
Kazakh foreign minister denies talks on sending troops to SyriaWorld June 23, 8:05
MOSCOW, August 10 (Itar-Tass) — Two defendants in the case of riots on Moscow’s Bolotnaya Square on May 6 were released under a recognizance not to leave the city, spokesman for the Russian Investigations Committee Vladimir Markin said on Friday.
“Now that investigative procedures in their respect are over and taking into account the fact that both reside in Moscow, investigator have taken a decision to change the measure of restraint to Oleg Arkhipenkov and Rikhard Sobolev and to release them under a recognizance not to leave,” the spokesman said.
Rikhard Sobolev, an electrician of the MGTS telephone company, and Oleg Arkhipenkov, the commercial director of Adria OOO, were detained in June on charges of taking part in mass disturbances (part 2, article 212 of the Russian Criminal Code). Until today, the two men were in custody under a court ruling.
As of now, a total of 16 people are defendants in the Bolotnaya Square riots case. Earlier, charges of taking part in mass riots and using force against law enforcers (part 2, article 212 and part 1, article 318 of the Russian Criminal Code) were brought against Maxim Luzyanin, Andrei Barabanov, Stepan Zimin, Denis Lutskevich, Alexandra Dukhanina, Yaroslav Belousov, Artem Savelov, Alexander Kamensky, Nikolai Kavkazsky, Alexei Polikhovich, and Mikhail Kosenko. Oleg Arkhipenkov, Rikhard Sobolev, Vladimir Akimenkov, and Fyodor Bakhov are accused of taking part in mass disturbances, and Maria Baronova is facing charges of calling for riots. Twelve of them were taken to custody, Baronova was released under a recognizance not to leave, and Alexendra Dukhanina, 18, was placed under home arrest.
On May 6, an authorized opposition action March of Millions resulted in clashed with the police and mass disorders. Protesters tried to break through police cordons. Some threw bottles and flares and offered resistance to the police seeking to tear off headpieces from policemen. More than 400 protesters were detained on that day. About 30 police officers and dozens of protesters were hurt.