CAS upholds life ban for ex-president of Russian athleticsSport August 21, 20:03
Police confirms man shot dead in Subirats was Barcelona attack perpetratorWorld August 21, 19:50
Premiere for historical drama Matilda rescheduled for late OctoberSociety & Culture August 21, 19:45
Fire in Russia’s Rostov-on-Don fully containedWorld August 21, 19:37
Russia wins two golds on second day of 2017 Universiade in TaipeiSport August 21, 19:29
Washington’s new strategy in Afghanistan aimed against China, expert saysWorld August 21, 18:43
Russia settles last part of Soviet debtBusiness & Economy August 21, 18:37
Man wearing suicide belt shot dead near BarcelonaWorld August 21, 18:29
Soviet-era ground effect vehiclesMilitary & Defense August 21, 18:28
MOSCOW, August 2 (Itar-Tass) — A bomb threat earlier announced at the Pussy Riot trial held at the Moscow Khamovnichesky district court has proved false.
Law enforcers have searched the court building, but found no explosive device, said spokeswoman for the Khamovnichesky court Darya Lyakh. Law enforcers assisted by an expert with a sniffer dog, who permanently stays in the court building, have thoroughly searched the court premises, she said.
The court has resumed hearings into the Pussy Riot case in an scheduled regime.
An anonymous call warning about an explosive device allegedly planted in the court building was put through to the office of Khamovnichesky court Chairman Viktor Danilkin at 11.20 am Thursday. "There is a mine planted in the building. Free Pussy Riot," the anonymous caller said.
Prior to the evacuation the judge, Marina Syrova who is presiding at the sensational trial, had been challenged a fifth time by the defendants' lawyers since the trial began. Shortly before the anonymous call was put through Syrova withdrew from the courtroom to make a decision on the disqualification plea against her.