ANKARA, July 14 (Itar-Tass) —— More than 20 Russian have complained of food poisoning at the five-star Ozkaymak Select hotel near the Turkish resort city of Alanya, one of these people, Pavel Kuskov, told Itar-Tass.
“Twelve people have already filed complaints with the Pegas travel operator. But the number of people who got poisoned is much bigger. People complain of vomiting and diarrhea. Several ambulance cars were seen near the hotel today. As far as I know, medics had to get five persons, including my daughter, on a drip,” he said. In his words, the hotel administration rejects is responsibility saying the tourists had got too much of bathing. Meanwhile, the insurance company has asked the Russian vacationers to file a collective claim to launch insurance procedures.
“It is doubtful that the hotel administration is not to blame for what has happened,” Kuskov went on. “We have many complaints: dishes are dirty, the personnel is rude, there are lots of broken glass fragments near the swimming pool.”
Meanwhile, a spokesman for the hotel administration told Itar-Tass that reports about mass poisoning of Russian vacationers are exaggerated. “Yes, some nine to ten poisoning cases per 730 hotel guests have been registered. These people received necessary medical help under our contracts with medical establishments. The tourists’ sicknesses are obviously caused by sunstroke,” the spokesman said.
Russia’s consulate general in Antalya has been informed about the situation.