Krasnodar FC beats Crvena Zvezda 3:2 in Europa League play-off first leg matchSport August 17, 22:45
Putin offers condolences to King of Spain over Barcelona attackRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 17, 22:37
Russia condemns terror attack in BarcelonaRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 17, 21:32
Russian lawmaker calls on Europe to join efforts in war on terrorRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 17, 21:03
Australia-born track cyclist Perkins says excited to become Russian citizenSport August 17, 20:04
Van rams into pedestrians in BarcelonaWorld August 17, 19:33
Moscow sees chance to improve Russia-US tiesRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 17, 18:47
Russian cosmonauts launch several nanosatellitesScience & Space August 17, 18:42
Deputy PM Mutko pledges to reinstate Russia’s membership with IAAF in nearest futureSport August 17, 18:22
MOSCOW, July 8 (Itar-Tass) — The latest death toll from the powerful flood in Kuban region has reached 134 people, a source at the emergency headquarters set up at the Russian Interior Ministry said on Saturday.
“The death toll stood at 134 people at 23:00 Moscow time. 123 bodies, of which 113 were identified, had been found in the Krymsk region. Nine people died in Gelendzhik and 2 in Novorossiysk,” the source went on to say.
He noted that police were guarding the flood-stricken areas day and night. Additional measures have been taken to avert looting, crime and violation of public order. Policemen have caught two marauders who tried to steal goods from a market in Krymsk.
Alexander Gorovoy, the first deputy head of the Russian Interior Ministry, has arrived in the Kuban region to coordinate the interior bodies’ relief effort in the disaster areas.
The Russian Interior Ministry has also suffered its first losses: Lieutenant-Colonel Vyacheslav Gorbunov died while rescuing people in Krymsk. He will be decorated with a state award posthumously.