WSJ: Syrian army is about to retake militant-controlled east AleppoWorld December 06, 8:48
OSCE chief says trip to Crimea possible after consultations with Moscow and KievWorld December 06, 8:25
Erdogan signs bill to ratify Turkish Stream projectBusiness & Economy December 06, 8:19
Russia, India to hold joint naval drills on December 14-21Military & Defense December 06, 7:36
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft team up to fight terrorism contentSociety & Culture December 06, 6:51
Russian hospital shelling 'cold-blooded murder' - Defense MinistryWorld December 06, 5:32
Some 100,000 Aleppo residents freed from rule of terrorists — Syria’s UN envoyWorld December 06, 5:04
Over 1,000 Syrian settlements join reconciliation process - Russian defense ministryWorld December 06, 3:27
Italian president asks Renzi to delay resignation until budget passedWorld December 06, 3:24
MOSCOW, June 26 (Itar-Tass) — The Investigation Committee /SK/ on Tuesday denied the information about hacking into Twitter and e-mail of Opposition activist Alexei Navalny through his personal computers and iPads the police seized from him during a sanctioned search.
"In the course of the search within the framework of the criminal case over Bolotnaya Square riots on May 6, police seized objects and documents that were relevant for the case, including Navalny's computer equipment," an SK official said, "the above objects were inspected by the investigator in the presence of witnesses, and then sealed in accordance with the established procedure."
Earlier on Tuesday, Navalny said his e-mail and Twitter had been hacked into through the seized computers and iPads.
"The information about hacking into Twitter and e-mail of blogger Alexei Navalny through the personal computers and iPads seized by the investigators during the sanctioned search does not correspond to reality," the SK stated.
The information stored on these computers will be examined by the investigators in the course of an expert examination. The access to the seized computers of strangers, the handover of the equipment to third parties or unsanctioned turning on are ruled out," the SK said.
The SK called Navalny's statement "pressure on the investigators and an attempt to discredit them."
"Any statements accusing investigators of illegitimate use of the seized property will receive a procedural evaluation," the SK said.
It stated that if opposition activist Navalny filed a statement to the SK demanding that the culprits who hacked into his e-mail be held responsible, the SK would certainly run a check.
"The mass media reports about Alexei Navalny's intention to hold the culprits responsible for hacking into his e-mail will not be left without attention. If Navanly files a statement, a procedural check will be arranged," the SK said.