Putin arrives in France for first meeting with MacronRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 29, 14:58
Romano Prodi believes G7 takes back seat without Russia and ChinaWorld May 29, 14:24
War on terror to top Putin-Macron talks agenda — KremlinRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 29, 14:16
Kiev's intelligence agency raids Yandex offices in UkraineWorld May 29, 14:11
Diplomat says Montenegro playing 'Russian interference' card as excuse for NATO membershipRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 29, 14:00
Putin declares 2018-2027 to be Children’s Decade in RussiaSociety & Culture May 29, 13:30
Press review: Macron’s 'independent policy' display and MC-21’s maiden flight to successPress Review May 29, 13:00
Tefft confirms Huntsman may soon replace him as US ambassador to RussiaWorld May 29, 12:17
Le Pen says Putin’s visit to France will bolster relations between countriesWorld May 29, 12:13
MOSCOW, June 21 (Itar-Tass) —— The detectives have checked several dozens of men in the criminal case over the murder of a five-year-old boy in the Vladimir Region. “The involvement of checked men in the murder was not proved,” spokesman for the Russian Investigative Committee Markin told Itar-Tass on Thursday.
The investigation team of the Russian Investigative Committee jointly with operatives from the Russian criminal search department are taking round-the-clock investigative and search measures to expose and detain the killer of the child, the spokesman said. For this purpose the most experienced detectives from the central staff of the Investigative Committee with modern criminalistic equipment were dispatched to the Vladimir Region.
“The detectives have already checked several dozens of men, but their involvement in the murder has not been proved. At the present moment already several forensic expertises were scheduled to help the detectives to find, whether the suspects are involved or not in this crime,” Markin said.
Meanwhile, he noted that several media already made public the reports with the reference to sources in the law enforcement agencies about the alleged detention of the suspects in the crime. “This report misled the public and creates additional difficulties in the search and exposure of the killer. I would like to warn that detectives and only detectives should find whether a detainee is involved in the crime and these conclusions will be based on all the evidence gathered by detectives (including on the results of the expertises), rather than only on the testimony of the detainees,” the spokesman said.
He warned against “the premature spreading of unproved information.” “Only the information from the Investigative Committee can be reliable over the fact in which jurisdiction there is a criminal case over the kidnapping and murder of the five-year-old boy. The detectives do not doubt that the killer will be found and brought to justice sooner or later. Our task is not to report about a quick exposure of the murder, but to bring a real killer to the toughest responsibility so that he would not be able to commit similar crimes in the future,” Markin noted.
On June 19, an unidentified killer kidnapped the five-year-old boy at the countryside community, which is situated near the village Gribovo in the Petushki district. A nine-year-old acquaintance of the kidnapped boy informed the police about the crime. The boys had been walking together. The criminal went out of the forest, grabbed the child and escaped in the forest. The boy was found dead on the next day in the forest with the traces of violent death.