Passenger plane crashes in CubaWorld April 29, 22:49
US anti-missile systems in Eastern Europe violate INF Treaty - Russian foreign ministryRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 29, 20:35
Moscow police say 250 people take part in protest rallyWorld April 29, 16:29
Abe plans to continue dialogue with Putin to solve global issuesWorld April 29, 14:50
Moscow is ready to cooperate with Washington on Syria — LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 29, 12:24
Diplomat calls US’ allegations about isolation of Russia in UN 'strange'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:58
Experts slam 'Russian hacking' hype as 'fake news' to feed US media's ratingsRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:35
Ferrari drivers clock best time in Practice Two of Russia F1 GP in SochiSport April 28, 19:54
Red Bull’s advisor Marko says Kvyat to possibly remain with Toro Rosso next yearSport April 28, 19:16
YEKATERINBURG, June 19 (Itar-Tass) — Rescuers from other Russian regions, the republic of Komi, the Perm Territory, the Khanty-Mansi autonomous area and the Tomsk region, will join the search operation for an An-2 aircraft with eight passengers onboard, which has been missing for over a week in the Sverdlovsl region, Sverdlovsk region governor Yevgeny Kuvaishev said on Tuesday.
He called to use new methods of search, since all the efforts to find the lost plane are to no avail so far.
The head of the regional police administration, Mikhail Borodin, suggested that the number of rescuers and volunteers combing the area should be doubled, up to 2,000.
“The area should be broken up into squares and such teams should be instructed to search through these squares. Far-to-reach areas should be inspected by professional rescuers,” he said.
In the mean time, unfavorable weather has complicated the search operation, Andrei Zalensky, the head of the regional emergencies administration said on Tuesday.
According to Zalensky, because of the stormy weather, it is next to impossible to carry out the search operation in the far-to-reach mountainous areas. Moreover, there is practically no information where the plane was heading when it was lost.
“The overall search area is about 160,000 square kilometers. As of now, more than 50,000 square kilometers have been combed. Rescuers have checked about 2,000 settlements, 178 hunting and 145 forestry farms, 295 fishing places, about 15,000 people have been interrogated. The search operation involves three helicopters and two airplanes,” Zalesky said and added that so far all these efforts are of no avail.
According to preliminary data, in the evening on June 11, the plane’s pilot Khatib Kashapov, a native of the town of Orsk, Orenburg region, took off on crop-duster An-2 without permission. The plane belongs to Avi Zov, a company based in Chelyabinsk. There were eight passengers onboard. Among the plane’s passengers presumably are the chief of Serov’s traffic police, a traffic police officer, an officer of a private bodyguard company, a businessman, a salesman from a telecom shop, and others.
A criminal case was opened on charges of violations of air traffic safety and aircraft operation rules that resulted in the death through negligence of one or more people.