Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Court extends probe into Moscow’s Bolotnaya Sq riots till Nov 6

June 11, 2012, 17:49 UTC+3
The investigator said a large amount of investigative actions have to be carried out and all persons responsible for the riots have to be determined yet
1 pages in this article
Photo ITAR-TASS

Photo ITAR-TASS

MOSCOW, June 11 (Itar-Tass) —— A court has extended the probe into riots at Moscow’s Bolotnaya Square during a so-called march of the millions in May of this year.

The investigator said a large amount of investigative actions have to be carried out and all persons responsible for the riots have to be determined yet.

Twelve people are charged in the case. Six of them, have been arrested: Mikhail Kosenko, Stepan Zimin, Maxim Luzinyan, Andrei Barabanov, Denis Lutskevich, and Yaroslav Belousov.

Police detained five more suspects: Rikhard Sobolev, Vladimir Akimenkov, Oleg Arkhipenkov, Fyodor Bakhov, and Alexander Kamensky on Sunday, June 10.

All detainees are 20 to 41 years of age. Some of them have already been charged with participation in mass riots and use of violence against representatives of the authorities.

During the March of the Millions on May 6, some of the protesters marching from Bolshaya Yakimanka to Bolotnaya Square demanded that the part in the square be opened for a rally and then tried to break through police cordons. Some threw bottles and flares at the police, and some put up resistance when police attempted to detain them and even tried to rip shoulder straps from their uniform. As a result, more than 400 people were detained and some 30 policemen were injured.

The opposition has demanded that criminal proceedings be instituted against police for unlawful actions during the march, but to no avail so far.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама