Stoltenberg confirms Ukraine will have 'unwavering support' from NATOWorld December 07, 13:53
Russia respects Italy referendum outcome — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 07, 13:39
Media: Militants leave Aleppo’s ancient quarters via special corridorWorld December 07, 13:21
Putin offers condolences to president of Indonesia over deadly earthquakeWorld December 07, 13:18
Russia’s Aerospace Force to fully renew aircraft by 2026Military & Defense December 07, 13:07
Press review: Washington’s latest proposal on Syria and cyberattacks on Russian banksPress Review December 07, 13:00
Abe says Tokyo’s cooperation plan with Russia is beneficial for JapanWorld December 07, 12:53
Kremlin reiterates offer for militants to leave Aleppo 'still on the table'Russian Politics & Diplomacy December 07, 12:45
Moscow hopes those to blame for strike on Aleppo hospital will be punishedRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 07, 12:32
MOSCOW, June 10 (Itar-Tass) —— Three militants were killed in a police operation in Kabardino-Balkaria, the National Counter Terrorism Committee told Itar-Tass on Sunday.
Zhiraslan Guketlov, 27, who had been wanted federally since 2011 for attacking a police officer and deserting his post, was the last of the three.
“Guketlov took refuge in a private house in Baksan,” the Committee said. Officers of the Kabardino-Balkaria Operative Staff had several hours of negotiations with Guketlov after the evacuation of tenants of nearby houses. Guketlov’s mother tried to convince her son to lay down arms and to surrender but he opened fire at servicemen, tossed grenades and was killed in the gunfire exchange.
Guketlov deserted a military unit in early 2011 and joined the gang operating in the Baksan district. “He took part in a number of attacks at police officers in the Baksan district in 2011 and 2012,” the Committee said.
A handgun with three cartridge clips and a grenade were found on the clash scene.
The three militants killed on June 9-10 lethally wounded a Federal Security Service officer. He died at the hospital.
Four policemen were hurt in the operation. There were no civilian casualties. The search for militants continues in the counter terrorism operation zone.