Merkel’s conservative CDU/CSU bloc wins Bundestag electionsWorld September 25, 5:37
Russian senator believes German Social Democrats interested in boosting ties with MoscowRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 25, 2:42
US declaration on UN reform is not organization’s document - LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 24, 13:34
Lavrov believes US will not attack North KoreaRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 24, 13:32
US forces assist Syrian opposition force in crossing IS positionsRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 24, 12:55
Putin discusses Russia’s economy growth with ministersBusiness & Economy September 24, 2:38
Lavrov warns against partition of SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 23, 0:00
Lavrov calls to coordinate Russian, US military action in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 21:05
Lavrov blames Obama administration for souring Russia-US tiesRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 20:41
KIEV, June 6 (Itar-Tass) —— Bomb explosions in Dnepropetrovsk in April of this year and in November of last year were carried out by the same people, according to the regional prosecutor Natalia Marchuk.
She said both cases were combined into one for this reason.
In November 2011, a bomb exploded in a concrete trash can at a tram stop near the city’s central department store, killing a passerby, a 27-year-old man.
On April 27, 2012, four explosions occurred in the city, injuring 31 people. One of them is still in hospital. All homemade bombs were placed in concrete trash cans in the streets.
Last week, police detained four suspects. A district court in Dneptropetrovsk ordered them to be taken into custody.
The court ruled so at the insistence of the regional prosecutor's office.
The regional prosecutor said they had confessed to their crime.
The masterminds of the bomb blasts contacted law enforcement agencies themselves, Ukrainian Security Service chief Igor Kalinin said.
“Messages from the perpetrators came via the Internet. They demanded that 4.5 million U.S. dollars be transferred to their bank card. Otherwise, they threatened to organise new explosions,” he said.
Kalinin said the suspects were allowed to withdraw only a small amount of money.