Belarusian president comments on military cooperation with RussiaMilitary & Defense September 20, 14:24
Kremlin brands actor Morgan Freeman ‘victim of emotionally-charged, self-exalted status’Russian Politics & Diplomacy September 20, 14:07
Kremlin expects Lithuanian president to change view on Zapad-2017 drillsRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 20, 13:46
Russia still has to agree on two points for Arctic shelf expansionBusiness & Economy September 20, 13:44
Belarussian military at Zapad-2017 exercise achieves goals set — LukashenkoWorld September 20, 13:29
Infantino congratulates Russia’s Sorokin on being elected to FIFA CouncilSport September 20, 13:10
Press review: Tajikistan obstructs Iran’s SCO bid and Moscow works to end Palestinian riftPress Review September 20, 13:00
International researchers suggest quantum computers boost machine learningScience & Space September 20, 12:45
Putin keeps emphasizing respect for every country’s sovereignty — KremlinRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 20, 12:44
KIEV, June 6 (Itar-Tass) —— Bomb explosions in Dnepropetrovsk in April of this year and in November of last year were carried out by the same people, according to the regional prosecutor Natalia Marchuk.
She said both cases were combined into one for this reason.
In November 2011, a bomb exploded in a concrete trash can at a tram stop near the city’s central department store, killing a passerby, a 27-year-old man.
On April 27, 2012, four explosions occurred in the city, injuring 31 people. One of them is still in hospital. All homemade bombs were placed in concrete trash cans in the streets.
Last week, police detained four suspects. A district court in Dneptropetrovsk ordered them to be taken into custody.
The court ruled so at the insistence of the regional prosecutor's office.
The regional prosecutor said they had confessed to their crime.
The masterminds of the bomb blasts contacted law enforcement agencies themselves, Ukrainian Security Service chief Igor Kalinin said.
“Messages from the perpetrators came via the Internet. They demanded that 4.5 million U.S. dollars be transferred to their bank card. Otherwise, they threatened to organise new explosions,” he said.
Kalinin said the suspects were allowed to withdraw only a small amount of money.