KIEV, June 1 (Itar-Tass) — The Ukrainian Security Service (SBU) has detained two suspects believed to be linked to explosions in Dnepropetrovsk, Eastern Ukraine, on April 27, Ukraine’s Interior Minister Vitaly Zakharchenko said on Thursday.
“They are under forty years old with no criminal record. Both are local residents. They didn’t have any military training,” Zakharchenko emphasized.
A series of explosions occurred in several public places in Dnepropetrovsk on April 27 this year. All self-made bombs with a crater effect had been planted in concrete litter-bins. Thirty-one people were injured in the blasts. All of them, except one, have been discharged from hospital by now.
Zakharchenko said that money was the chief motive behind the crimes. The suspects wanted to get 4.5 million dollars.
The minister said the detainees had carefully planned their actions.