Polina Dibrova, mother of three, wins Mrs. Russia 2017 beauty pageantSociety & Culture August 20, 4:41
Russian emergencies ministry plane returns from firefighting mission in ArmeniaWorld August 20, 4:39
East Ukraine conflict claimed nearly 3,000 civilian lives — ICRCWorld August 20, 1:56
Renowned Russian filmmaker Andrei Konchalovsky turns 80Society & Culture August 20, 0:48
One of seven injured in Surgut stabbing spree in critical condition — authoritiesSociety & Culture August 19, 23:51
Netanyahu expects to meet with Putin in Sochi on August 23 — Israeli premier’s officeRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 19, 22:47
Surgut attacker is identified as a local resident - investigationSociety & Culture August 19, 14:09
Combat module containing neural networks may become series in Russia in 2018 — designerMilitary & Defense August 19, 10:44
Russian Head of General Staff Gerasimov hands award weapon to Syrian generalMilitary & Defense August 19, 9:10
MOSCOW, May 21 (Itar-Tass) — The material damage from the recent explosions of artillery shells in the Primorsky Territory has exceeded six million roubles, the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry (EMERCOM) told Itar-Tass.
“The interdepartmental commission has examined the housing and socio-cultural facilities in the Spassky district,” the EMERCOM specified. “It has found that 176 window frames and 60 square metres of roofing have been damaged at two schools in the Novorusanovka and Dukhovskoye settlements, and a total of 197 window frames and 58 door sets have been damaged in the Sungach settlement in 11 houses where 211 people live. The total property damage amounted to 6 million and 19 thousand roubles.”
Temporary repairs have so far been conducted in the affected homes in the Sungach settlement, the broken windows have been covered with polyethylene film. In accordance with a decree issued by the Primorsky Territory governor, 5 million roubles are allocated for the repair and restoration efforts.
The EMERCOM also said that the examination of four settlements for the presence there of unexploded shells has been completed. “No ammunition has been found,” it said.
The fire at the depot of 100-mm artillery shells erupted on Friday, May 18 at 17:20, local time (10:20 MSK) seven kilometres east of the village of Sungach of the Spassky district and 280 kilometres northeast of Vladivostok. The shells started to explode. One military serviceman was injured. All in all, 1,800 people were evacuated from the villages of Sungach, Dukhovskoye, Novorussanovka and Zelenodolskoye. The fire was extinguished in a day. More than 1000 EMERCOM employees were engaged in the fire fighting efforts. A task force and psychologists were also working there. The ministry assigned two Mil Mi-8 helicopters to the fire fighting mission. The ministry sent an Ilyushin Il-76 jet for assisting the fire fighting at the ammunition depot in the Primorsky Territory.
On Sunday, all the evacuated residents returned to their homes.