SAMARA, May 14 (Itar-Tass) — Fourteen people have been hospitalized here due to poisoning with an unknown phytotoxin. A source at the regional emergency medicine center says they were brought to a hospital in Sergiyevsk District of the region on Sunday. They all have been diagnosed as being "poisoned with an unknown phytotoxin".
The poisoning victims say they were busy gathering beebread -- pollen that bees store in honeycomb. Beebread is used as a medicinal drug. The circumstances of the poisoning are being ascertaned. There are no children among the poisoned. They were later transferred to the Samara-based regional clinical hospital.