Currency converter
News Feed
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

First suspected masterminds of Dnepropetrovsk blasts detained

April 27, 2012, 17:38 UTC+3
“The situation in the city is under control,” spokesman for the Ukrainian Interior Ministry told
Material has 1 page

KIEV, April 27 (Itar-Tass) — First suspected masterminds of the explosions in downtown Dnepropetrovsk were detained, sources in the regional police department said on Friday.

On the orders of Ukrainian Interior Minister Vitaly Zakharchenko the police in regional centres and big cities of the country were put on high alert, spokesman for the Ukrainian Interior Ministry Vladimir Polishchuk told reporters on Friday.

He also noted that the scope of measures are being taken to investigate the blasts in Dnepropetrovsk, particularly the police together with the bomb disposal technicians are searching through the attics, basements and massive venues for possible explosives. “The situation in the city is under control,” Polishchuk pledged. The interior troops were also put on alert, he said.

Commander of the Interior Troops Sergei Yarovoi arrived in Dnepropetrovsk. “The emergency headquarters was formed in the city to decide on further actions of the Interior Troops,” spokesperson Viktoria Kushnir said. Ukrainian Justice Minister Alexander Lavrinovich stated after an enlarged meeting of the government that there are no reasons to introduce the state of emergency in Ukraine over the blasts in Dnepropetrovsk.

“Under the Ukrainian law, there are no reasons now to introduce the state of emergency,” he said, noting that the state of emergency is impossible within one region, but also in the whole country.

Deputy chairman of the BYT-Batkivshchina faction Andrei Shkil stated earlier that the explosions in Dnepropetrovsk can become the pretext for the state of emergency in order to restrict the work of the parliament, ban mass gatherings and introduce a curfew.


Показать еще
In other media