Italian bikers collect humanitarian aid for children of DonbassSociety & Culture September 22, 11:21
At least 1,000 buildings in Russia targeted by hoax bomb threats over weekSociety & Culture September 22, 10:38
Lavrov and UN chief clarify Russia’s initiative on security mission to DonbassRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 10:05
Russia's top diplomat urges UN to assist in building fair and democratic worldRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 8:53
Diplomat notes shift in attitude towards Russia's proposals at UN General AssemblyRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 8:05
Kim Jong Un compares Trump’s speech to declaration of war, vows tough responseWorld September 22, 7:20
Washington accuses Russia and Syria of civilian casualties in airstrikes on Idlib, HamaWorld September 22, 7:17
US move to quit Iran nuclear deal to send wrong signal to North Korea — Russia’s UN envoyWorld September 22, 6:39
Moscow welcomes reform of UN’s anti-terrorism activities — LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 3:53
MOSCOW, April 5 (Itar-Tass) —— The situation at the Israeli sea resort Eilat, which came under a missile strike on Thursday, is calm, Russian holidaymakers are making no complaints, executive director of the Russian Association of Tour Operators Maya Lomidze told Itar-Tass on Thursday.
“The wasteland came under gunfire, therefore, our tourists made no complaints,” she said, pledging that “the situation at the sea resort is calm, no tourists wished to cut short their vacations and return to the homeland ahead of time.” “No refusals from tourist tours were made,” Lomidze noted.
According to preliminary reports of the tourist operators, over 3,000 Russian tourists are vacationing in Eilat.
The Israeli sea resort Eilat on the Red Sea came under a missile strike overnight to Thursday. According to local media, many residents and tourists woke up from loud blasts. No casualties were reported in the missile attack.
The law enforcement agencies in the whole sea resort were put on alert over an upcoming holiday of Passover, police chief of the sea resort Ron Gertner said. Right after the night incident additional police forces were sent to Eilat.
The experts of the tourism industry noted a permanent interest of Russians to vacations in that country, according to statistical reports.
“Nowadays some 550,000 Russian citizens visit the country every year. So, Russia is ranked second in the number of visits to Israel, only falling behind the United States,” Israeli Tourism Minister Stas Misezhnikov said. “About 70% of Russians visiting Israel are the tourists, who use the services of hotels, and the remaining 30% usually stay at their relatives,” he pointed out. Russian tourists began to choose not only beach, religious or medical tourism, but also buy combined tours, which include beach vacations, excursions and treatment courses, the minister underlined.