Italian bikers collect humanitarian aid for children of DonbassSociety & Culture September 22, 11:21
At least 1,000 buildings in Russia targeted by hoax bomb threats over weekSociety & Culture September 22, 10:38
Lavrov and UN chief clarify Russia’s initiative on security mission to DonbassRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 10:05
Russia's top diplomat urges UN to assist in building fair and democratic worldRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 8:53
Diplomat notes shift in attitude towards Russia's proposals at UN General AssemblyRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 8:05
Kim Jong Un compares Trump’s speech to declaration of war, vows tough responseWorld September 22, 7:20
Washington accuses Russia and Syria of civilian casualties in airstrikes on Idlib, HamaWorld September 22, 7:17
US move to quit Iran nuclear deal to send wrong signal to North Korea — Russia’s UN envoyWorld September 22, 6:39
Moscow welcomes reform of UN’s anti-terrorism activities — LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 3:53
TBILISI, March 20 (Itar-Tass) —— Russia takes the leading positions in terms of total money transactions to Georgia online, the National Bank of Georgia said in a report published on Tuesday.
According to the bank, 49.4 million U.S. dollars were transferred to Georgia from Russia in February, which is 51.3 percent of all online transactions to the republic. In the same month of 2011, the index amounted to 38.4 million U.S. dollars. Therefore, this February’s online transactions from Russia to Georgia grew by 28.6 percent, the bank said.
Greece ranked second in February. As many, 11.4 million U.S. dollars (11.9 percent of all transactions) were received in Georgia from Greece. Besides, Italy was the third with 8.6 million U.S. dollars (nine percent), and the United States ranked fourth with 6.1 million U.S. dollars, the bank wrote.
In all, total e-transactions to Georgia reached 96.3 million U.S. dollars in February 2012, which is 33.2 percent more than in February 2011 (72.3 million U.S. dollars), the bank underlined.
In the month under review, Georgia’s e-transactions to foreign countries made up 7.5 million U.S. dollars, as compared to 7.8 million U.S. dollars in February 2011.
More than 1.5 million Georgians and natives of the republic live in Russia. About 70 percent of them arrived in Russia over the past 20 years, the remaining 30 percent lived here in the Soviet time. Over 100,000 natives of Georgia live in the United States and the biggest part of them arrived in the USA over the past 20 years. More than 100,000 Georgians and natives live in Ukraine.
As well as, ethnic Georgians and natives of the republic also live in Austria, Greece and Spain. The aforesaid people mainly transfer money to their relatives in Georgia online.