TV: Islamic State re-enters ancient city of PalmyraWorld December 10, 21:20
Saudi minister says Russia led consultations process with OPECBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:41
UK foreign secretary says protection of civilians should be 'top priority' in SyriaWorld December 10, 20:31
Non-OPEC states join historic oil cut dealBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:23
Russian diplomat urges Western reporters to be unbiased in war news coverageRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 10, 20:08
Russia, Oman enter committee for control over oil production — Iraqi oil ministerBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:07
Iran's oil minister says non-OPEC countries agree to cut oil production by 600,000 barrelsBusiness & Economy December 10, 19:42
Russia, Oman enter committee on controlling oil production created by OPEC - BloombergBusiness & Economy December 10, 17:40
Source claims OPEC and non-OPEC states finalizing results of meeting, agreement 'close'Business & Economy December 10, 17:07
PYONGYANG, March 18 (Itar-Tass) — North Korea blasted the US, Japan and South Korea for disseminating “false rumours” on a coming “test of a long-range missile” in April in violation of a UN Security Council resolution, which is allegedly “a threat for security in the Korean Peninsula and all over North Eastern Asia”.
The KCNA news agency notes on Sunday that Pyongyang regards such statements as “attempts to deprive the DPRK of a possibility to use outer space for peaceful purposes, which is a legitimate right of each sovereign state”. “The near-earth space cannot be turned into a domain of definite countries,” the news agency stresses.
Therefore, the US, Japan and South Korea are labouring in the wrong in the belief that the DPRK “will cancel the blast-off of the Kwangmyongsong-3 satellite, planned for April and “developed on the basis of its own technologies”, KCNA points out.
The spacecraft will be lifted off “in compliance with the government policy in the sphere of peaceful uses of outer space for the country’s economic development”.
The news agency reports that North Korea “sent all necessary information” on the upcoming launch to appropriate international organizations. Besides, the North Korean committee on space research “intends to invite experienced foreign experts in this sphere as well as reporters to observe the satellite launching”.
It was announced earlier that the satellite lift-off will be made from a cosmodrome in the Cholsan county, North Pyongan province, between April 12 and 16 “for peaceful purposes” on the occasion of the 100th birth date of North Korea’s founder Kim Il-Sung.