SAMARA, March 16 (Itar-Tass) —— As many as 29 infants were poisoned with baby food from the local infant feeding centre in the city of Togliatti, Samara region, a spokeswoman for the regional healthcare department told Itar-Tass on Friday.
According to Olga Yevtushevskaya, an outbreak of acute enteric infection among infants was reported overnight to Thursday.
“As of Friday morning, as many as 27 babies under two years of age were hospitalized with a diagnosis of acute enteric infection. These children were fed with milk products from the local infant feeding centre. Two more babies are being treated at an outpatient department,” she said.
Experts from the regional consumer rights protection authority are investigating into the incident.