VLADIKAVKAZ, March 13 (Itar-Tass) — The North Ossetian Supreme Court has sentenced to 16 years in a maximum-security penitentiary a participant in the terror act at the Vladikavkaz central market on September 9, 2010.
Ingushetia’s resident Suleyman Khashagulgov, 33, volunteered to join the illegal armed group, which perpetrated the terror act. Nineteen people died and more than 200 were injured in the explosion.
The Russian Investigation Committee said earlier that Khashagulgov together with his accomplices had committed felonies in Ingushetia and North Ossetia before, among them attempts on the life of policemen and arms trafficking. He was charged with membership in a criminal group, attack on a police officer, premeditated property damage and illegal weapon.
A suicide bomber set off a bomb planted in the trunk of a Volga car at the entry to the Vladikavkaz central market in September 2010. Khashagulgov surrendered to the police in early June 2011. His family actively cooperated with the police, the Ingush department of the Federal Security Service said.
The Federal Security Service said earlier that a close associate of Doku Umarov, Issu Khashagulgov, was the organizer of the Vladikavkaz terror act, which also involved Durbekov, Latyrov and Khasagulgov’s brother Suleyman.