Photos of the week: fire in a giant migrant camp, Trump's flag hug and a 'river of sheep'Society & Culture October 28, 18:49
Finance ministers of Russia and Ukraine can meet if Kiev's debt is recognized as sovereignBusiness & Economy October 28, 18:48
US-led coalition increase intensity of air strikes near Mosul — Russian General StaffWorld October 28, 18:02
Russian General Staff asks Putin for permission to continue strikes at militants in AleppoRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 28, 17:56
Russian tennis chief favors relocating ATP World Tour Finals to Moscow from LondonSport October 28, 17:51
DPR official says Kiev beefs up positions deploying rocket artillery to DonbassWorld October 28, 17:48
Israeli investors arrive in Crimea to assess venues for future investment projectsBusiness & Economy October 28, 17:26
Rosneft sells 11% in Vankorneft to India’s ONGC VideshBusiness & Economy October 28, 17:23
Rosneft files application for buyout of 100% in Bashneft — regulatorBusiness & Economy October 28, 17:20
MOSCOW, March 12 (Itar-Tass) — Russia plans to ban legally to its aviation carriers paying of European quotas on emission of greenhouse gases, Deputy Minister of Transport Valery Okulov told reporters on Monday.
From January 1, 2012 civil aviation companies are included in the European system of trading emissions of greenhouses gases. According to European legislation, aviation companies using Europe’s air space are to pay for emission of greenhouse gases from engines of planes.
Companies are buying quotas on emission against the following formula: 85 percent of a company’s flights in 2010, which are taken as a reference point, are free, and the remaining 15 percent are to be paid for with money.
Experts say that Russian aviation companies will have to pay Europe 20-25 million dollars a year, and later on the fee will be only growing due to cutting of free quotas and raised traffic.
Okulov said that Russia “plans to ban on the legal level Russian companies pay for those quotas.” The State Duma is to adopt a bill. As yet, the issue is being discussed, he added.
Earlier, Itar-Tass reported that in February of 2012, there was an international conference on lowering emission of greenhouse gases in civil aviation. Following the conference, 29 countries, including Russia, adopted a “basket of decisions” to counteract the European measures to trade the quotas. The “basket” includes eight items and an addendum saying that the countries adopting it may also undertake other measures effective and necessary to their understanding.