BANGKOK, March 9 (Itar-Tass) — Five Russian tourists were injured by a fire in downtown Bangkok at the Grand Park Avenue Hotel, Itar-Tass learnt on Friday from head of the consular department of the Russian embassy in Bangkok Andrei Dvornikov.
One Russian was hospitalized with poisoning by burning agents, but he was check out of the hospital now, Dvornikov explained.
Representatives of Thai law enforcement bodies reported that the fire flared up late on Thursday evening on the fifth floor of the 18-story hotel building at a conference hall. Firefighters needed one hour to take the fire under control. Two patrons of the hotel died.
All in all, ten people were injured by the fire.