Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Opposition does not give up plans to hold a rally on March 5

February 29, 2012, 18:06 UTC+3
The non-system opposition does not intend to give up plans to hold a rally in Moscow on March 5
1 pages in this article
Photo EPA/ITAR-TASS

Photo EPA/ITAR-TASS

MOSCOW, February 29 (Itar-Tass) —— The non-system opposition does not intend to give up plans to hold a rally in Moscow on March 5, opposition Left Front leader Sergei Udaltsov told Itar-Tass on Wednesday, commenting on a previous decision taken by a number of youth movements to give up a rally planned on Lubyanskaya Square.

"I see no reasons, why we should give up our plan. It was clear on Tuesday already that the youth movements, which support the authorities, would give up the rally after talks with the city Vice-Mayor Alexander Gorbenko, who said that no one would rally on Lubyanka," Udaltsov said.

Earlier the press service of the Headquarters coordinating joint acts, which incorporates "Rossiya Molodaya," (Young Russia), "Mestniye" (Locals), " Noviye Lyudi" (New People) and Gruppirovka Peremen (Changes Group), told Itar-Tass that they dropped their plans to hold a rally onLubyanka on March 5. "We agreed with the position of the Moscow government that a mass act if staged in this place on a weekday might create additional problems for the city's   residents," the Headquarters said in a statement.

Other events, which had been scheduled on Lubyanka for March 4 will take place as planned, the Headquarters said.

 

 

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама