Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Two kids die from carbon monoxide poisoning

February 16, 2012, 14:32 UTC+3
Two kids have been reported dead and three more kids ended up in hospital as a result of being poisoned by carbon monoxide
1 pages in this article

NIZHNY NOVGOROD , February 16 (Itar-Tass) —Two kids have been reported dead and three more kids ended up in hospital as a result of being poisoned by carbon monoxide at home last night, the press service of the Nizhny Novgorod department of the Ministry for Emergency Situations said on Thursday.

The tragic incident occurred in a private house in the town of Shakhunia in the north of the region. Around 1 am on Thursday the kids' mother, who was told over the telephone that her husband was in trouble, left the house, leaving the stove on. A piece of charcoal, which fell from the stove to the synthetic floor surface caused a leak of poisonous fumes from the smoldering synthetic stuff.

When the woman returned two kids, aged 1.5 years and barely seven months, were dead. Three other children - two baby girls aged 1.5 , 5 years and a seven year-old boy, were hospitalized. After their condition improved they were transferred from an intensive care block to an ordinary hospital ward.

Luckily, one more daughter of the family, who was out, staying with her grandmother, was not hurt.

 

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама