TSKHINVAL, January 29 (Itar-Tass) — Ex-candidate for the South Ossetia presidency Alla Dzhioyeva announced that she “will enter the office” of the republican head on February 10. Dzhioyeva does not indicate a place of “an inauguration”.
The ex-candidate told reporters on Sunday that she intends to address on this point acting South Ossetia President Vadim Brovtsev. “I shall enter the office on February 10. I cannot indicate so far a place of the inauguration. I request South Ossetia acting President Vadim Brovtsev on a civilised transfer of power, as it is proper for a legally elected president,” Dzhioyeva said.
She also said that that unwillingness of authorities to hear her prodded Dzhioeyva to start the inauguration. “I wrote three letters to Brovtsev. Instead of a reply, a report by the presidential press service was printed in the local mass media where my actions were called destabilizing. Under these conditions, the only thing left for me was to fix the inauguration date,” noted Dzhioyeva.
The elections of a South Ossetia president, held in November 2011, were pronounced invalid over numerous violations in the pre-election period and on Election Day. This resulted in mass protests by supporters of Dzhioyeva who collected the greatest number of votes.
It was possible to pull out of the crisis after signing a compromise agreement between Dzhioyeva and former President Eduard Kokoity. New elections of a republican head were fixed on March 25.
However, Dzhioyeva announced a recall of her signature under the compromise agreement some time later. The ex-candidate stated that she does not intend to participate in the coming elections, regarding them illegitimate, and plans to stage her own inauguration.
In the meantime, the preparation for the presidential elections is going with a swing. The CEC already registered four sponsoring groups on nominating presidential candidates.