Militants launch shell on exhibition complex near Damascus - televisionWorld August 20, 15:27
Cardinal Parolin: Dialogue of Roman Catholic and Orthodox Churches to help them feel unitySociety & Culture August 20, 8:27
Polina Dibrova, mother of three, wins Mrs. Russia 2017 beauty pageantSociety & Culture August 20, 4:41
Russian emergencies ministry plane returns from firefighting mission in ArmeniaWorld August 20, 4:39
East Ukraine conflict claimed nearly 3,000 civilian lives — ICRCWorld August 20, 1:56
Renowned Russian filmmaker Andrei Konchalovsky turns 80Society & Culture August 20, 0:48
One of seven injured in Surgut stabbing spree in critical condition — authoritiesSociety & Culture August 19, 23:51
Netanyahu expects to meet with Putin in Sochi on August 23 — Israeli premier’s officeRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 19, 22:47
Surgut attacker is identified as a local resident - investigationSociety & Culture August 19, 14:09
TSKHINVAL, January 18 (Itar-Tass) —— Leader of South Ossetia’s opposition Alla Dzhioyeva has urged acting President Vadim Brovtsev to cede power to “legally elected president of the republic.”
“The refusal to fulfil this demand will be regarded as illegal seizure of power, which will entail ensuing consequences,” she said in latter addressed to the administration of the president of South Ossetia on Wednesday.
The latter also says Dzhioyeva recalls her signature under a compromise agreement with the South Ossetian authorities, according to a source in the South Ossetian president’s administration.
So far there are no comments from acting President Vadim Brovtsev.
Also on Wednesday, Dzhioyeva told journalists she was not going to take part in re-run elections of South Ossetian president due on March 25. “I don’t recognize any sort of elections. The reason is that I am the legally elected president of South Ossetia,” she stressed.
Earlier, head of the South Ossetian Central Election Commission Bella Pliyeva said the Central Election Commission would not accept Dzhioyeva’s documents in case she opts to take part in the re-run elections. According to Pliyeva, the Central Election Commission is guided by the republic’s laws that prohibit a candidate responsible for the failure of voting to take part in a re-run election rather than by an agreement between the opposition and the authorities.
The presidential re-run campaign was launched on December 27. As of today, the South Ossetian Central Election Commission has registered two action groups that shall nominate candidates for president, and has accepted documents from one more such group. Candidates will be registered till February 19.