Russian Foreign Ministry slams OSCE car incident in Donbass as 'provocation'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 23, 19:41
Macron winning presidential polls among French living in US, Canada — TVWorld April 23, 19:12
French nationals in Moscow expect presidential polls to bring changes to their countryWorld April 23, 18:01
French presidential hopefuls cast ballots in first round of electionWorld April 23, 15:52
OSCE staff member dies in car blast in DonbassWorld April 23, 13:55
Presidential hopeful Emmanuel Macron gets in line to voteWorld April 23, 12:26
First candidates cast ballots in presidential election in FranceWorld April 23, 11:26
LIVE updates: French presidential election 2017World April 23, 8:57
Russian soldier’s killer mentally unstable - Armenia’s Investigative CommitteeWorld April 23, 0:48
MOSCOW, January 17 (Itar-Tass) — The number of militants destroyed in the North Caucasus last year increased by more than 25 percent, Investigative Committee /SK/ chairman Alexander Bastrykin told Itar-Tass on Tuesday.
"The number of militants destroyed in the North Caucasus in 2011 thanks to vigorous work by law-enforcement bodies increased by 26 percent," Bastrykin said at a meeting with senior SK officials.
He underlined that the "efforts resulted not only in the increase in destroyed militants, but also cut the rate of the assassination attempts on the life of law-enforcement personnel, which decreased by 32 percent."
The number of blasts decreased from 57 in 2010 to 83 in 2011, while the number of shootings at police slightly decreased as well.
Bastrykin cited a successful completion of the probes into sabotage at the Baksan hydroelectric power plant and the act of terror at the Palace of Culture and Sports in Stavropol in May 2011.
As before, law-enforcing bodies will be making joint efforts towards exposing and arraigning the culprits, the SK chief stressed.