MOSCOW, January 11 (Itar-Tass) — Investigators have identified the persons whose actions led to a gas explosion at the Il Pittore restaurant in which two persons had been killed and dozens had been injured, Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
More than 20 victims have been recognized as inured parties. Those in satisfactory conditions have already been questioned," Markin said, adding that the founders and executives of the Casabella company had been questioned as well.
"Casabella officials admitted the fact of using gas equipment for cooking at the restaurant
"The investigators have already identified the persons to be arraigned for violating the rules of labor protection and safety rules and the provision of services that do not meet safety requirements, Markin underlined.
The criminal case was opened over the gas explosion at the restaurant under the Criminal Code articles on causing negligent death and provision of services that do not meet the safety requirements. Another article /"negligent destruction or damage to property/ has been added to the case.
The investigators have inspected the scene again, seizing 40 boxes of financial and economic documents and other hard evidence.
"Also, the investigators ascertained that the wooded structure, where gas cylinders were placed, had been put up illegally. The construction and technical documents related to the operation of the building will be retrieved from supervisory bodies in the near future," Markin said.
The explosion at the restaurant located in Novocheryomushkinskaya Street in southwestern Moscow occurred on January 9 afternoon. The SK said two restaurant personnel had been killed and another 39 had been injured and rushed to hospital.