G7 summit kicks off in ItalyWorld May 26, 13:55
Kremlin spokesman says Russia stands with UK in war on terrorRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 13:13
Russia looks for traces of extra-terrestrial life forms on ISS surfaceScience & Space May 26, 13:04
Press review: NATO's anti-terror Trump card and US' Syrian civilian body countPress Review May 26, 13:00
Russia warns NATO against military buildup along eastern borderRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 12:01
Russia to sell over 360 cutting-edge helicopters by 2030Military & Defense May 26, 11:37
Trump’s limo too big to fit through Royal Palace gates in BrusselsWorld May 26, 11:18
Russian ambassador says Paris remains important partner for MoscowRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 10:20
Siberia’s forest fires quadruple to engulf 30,000 hectaresWorld May 26, 9:45
MOSCOW, January 9 (Itar-Tass) —— The blast in one of the Moscow restaurants in the southwest of the city on Monday, January 9, was caused by the wrong use of gas equipment, a Emergencies Ministry official said.
“According to preliminary information, the incident might have been caused by the wrong operation of gas equipment,” Igor Kuryakov, deputy head of the Emergencies Ministry’s department for Moscow, told Itar-Tass.
Fire-fighters are pouring in water and removing debris at the scene of the incident.
“Investigators are determining the circumstances of the incident,” the press service of the Russian Investigation Committee’s Main Investigation Department for Moscow told Itar-Tass.
“It has been determined that an explosion occurred in the restaurant at 38 Novocheryomyshkinskaya Street at 15:25 Moscow time. According to preliminary information, gas tanks exploded,” the press service said.
“As a result of the incident, 15 people were injured and two died,” it said.
The chief spokesman for the Emergencies Ministry’s department for Moscow, Yevgeny Bobylev, told Itar-Tass that two restaurant workers died and 15 visitors, including a child, were injured, and another 11 people requested medical assistance at the scene of the incident.
He said the fire caused by the explosion occurred at the kitchen and the extension, not in the main building of the restaurant.