Search engine Yandex denies transfer of Ukrainians' personal data to Russian intelligenceWorld May 30, 0:11
At least 137 people injured in Moscow storm — sourceWorld May 30, 0:05
Ukraine's security service accuses search engine Yandex of leaking personal info to MoscowWorld May 30, 0:03
Kamaz to supply at least 1,000 trucks to Philippines by 2020Business & Economy May 29, 21:49
Moscow ready to offer clarifications over incident with Montenegrin MPRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 29, 21:09
Moscow mayor says Monday's hurricane in Moscow 'unprecedented'Society & Culture May 29, 20:56
Moldovan president slams government’s decision to expel Russian diplomatsWorld May 29, 20:52
Macron lashes out at Russian news agency Sputnik, RT channel over campaign coverageWorld May 29, 20:11
Macron says no international problem can be solved without RussiaWorld May 29, 19:51
MOSCOW, January 9 (Itar-Tass) — The founder and shareholder of Russia’s leading social network Vkontakte, Pavel Durov, denied rumours about the shutdown of the network in March 2012 that quickly spread across the internet.
“The rumours that Vkontakte will be “supposedly” closed in March are strongly spreading. This is nonsense,” he wrote on his account. “We will never close. We will never betray our users.”
Vkontakte is Russia’s largest social network that was created in 2006. It outpaced by the popularity its main rival – Odnoklassniki.
In 2011 the daily activities of the social network exceeded 30 million users, while over 110 million users created their accounts in Vkontakte.
According to the TNS Global Market Research, in 2011 this network became the most visited website in the Russian-speaking segment of the internet.
Earlier Pavel Durov said that in December following large-scale protests against frauds at the State Duma elections he had been offered to block several user communities in his social network, what he refused to do.