KRASNOYARSK, January 6 (Itar-Tass) —— Three children – two girls born in 2007 and 2009 and a boy born in 2010 – died of CO poisoning in the village of Kazanka, Tomsk region, a source at the territorial emergency situations department told Itar-Tass on Friday.
The accident happened in a wooden house at about 11:00 a.m. local time (8:00 a.m. Moscow time). The children were found by their mother, who had been working outdoors. A mattress was smoldering on the area of 0.5 square meters; there was no open flame.
The police are studying details of the accident.