Azerbaijan’s security officers kill attempted suicide bomber in BakuWorld December 03, 18:04
Lavrov: first step under 1956 declaration on peace treaty is signing of itRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 03, 14:47
Bank of Russia disclaims reports hackers steal 2B rubles from its correspondent accountsBusiness & Economy December 03, 14:42
Moscow sees nothing new in Congress banning cooperation between military of two countriesRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 03, 14:41
Lavrov: joint projects with Japan to bring relations to new levelRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 03, 12:29
Defense ministry says Russia delivers humanitarian aid to Aleppo daily 'unlike UK'World December 03, 7:29
Foreign ministers of Russia, Japan will discuss Putin’s upcoming visit to TokyoRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 03, 3:37
President of Luxembourg Forum welcomes Russia’s attention to threat of nuclear terrorismWorld December 03, 3:11
Presidential polls to determine vector for Uzbekistan’s further development — CEC chairmanWorld December 03, 2:44
MOSCOW, December 30 (Itar-Tass) —— Gazprom CEO Alexei Miller has ordered an adjustment of the South Stream schedule, a Gazprom representative told Itar-Tass on Friday.
The order aims to intensify the project, he said.
Earlier in the day Prime Minister Vladimir Putin called for accelerating the South Stream project. “It would be preferable to start works in the end of next year,” he told Miller.
“Survey of the sea segment will be done by the end of 2012, and construction works will last from early 2013 through December 2015. Commercial gas deliveries will start then,” Miller said.
“According to the combined feasibility study, investments in the sea segment will reach 10 billion euros. There will be four lines with the length of 925 kilometers, and the pipeline capacity will amount to 63 billion cubic meters. The land segment will cost 6.5 billion euros and stretch out for slightly more than 2,000 kilometers. The total funding will stand at slightly more than 15 billion euros,” he said.
The company will fund the project at 30% with its own funds, and borrowings will cover the remaining 70%. In all, Russian expenditures will near 7.5 billion euros, due to the Gazprom ownership of 50% in the joint venture.
The construction of a South Stream extension to Macedonia is under consideration, Miller said.
South Stream aims to diversify the routes of natural gas deliveries to Europe.