Media reports on Russian ships call into Ceuta are controversial — embassyRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 26, 22:03
Russia’s telecom watchdog tries to block LinkedIn through courtSociety & Culture October 26, 21:29
DPR envoy reports no constructive discussion on "Steinmeier formula" in MinskWorld October 26, 21:14
Six NATO countries say ready to dispatch their forces to Black Sea areaWorld October 26, 20:43
Moscow refutes allegations about plans for Russian cruiser's call into Spanish portMilitary & Defense October 26, 20:38
US, Israel abstain from UN GA vote condemning Cuba embargoWorld October 26, 20:31
Western sanctions expected to relax gradually in 2017 — ex-finance ministerBusiness & Economy October 26, 20:25
Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates intend to see battle for world’s chess crown — FIDE chiefSport October 26, 20:24
Mi-8 helicopter lost in Russia's Yamal was running out of fuel — IACWorld October 26, 20:20
MOSCOW, December 239 (Itar-Tass) -- Russia's Ministry for Emergency Situations and Civil Defense /EMERCOM/ has refuted the mass media reports that a major nuclear submarine ostensibly caught blaze in the port of Roslyakovo near Murmansk.
"I don't have any such information and I don't think the information is true because the radiation background stands within normal parameters", a duty public relations officer at EMERCOM's Murmansk division said.
Earlier reports indicated that fire might have broken out aboard the Yekaterinburg submarine during the works that involved manipulations with naked fire.
Reports also said the radiation background at the site remained undistirbed and no one was either killed or injured.
The spokesman did confirm, however, that firemen were trying to eliminate a fire in Severomorsk, adding that eleven firefighting teams had been rushed to the site. At the time of reporting, the firefighters were getting technical assistance from Russia's North Fleet.