Currency converter
All news
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

Gas cylinder blast injures a man in food pavilion in Krasnoyarsk

December 21, 2011, 6:19 UTC+3

He was rushed to a hospital resuscitation ward in an extremely serious condition

1 pages in this article


KRASNOYARSK, December 21 (Itar-Tass) — A household-gas cylinder exploded in a food pavilion here on Wednesday morning. One man was injured. He was rushed to a hospital resuscitation ward in an extremely serious condition. His identity is being ascertained.

A message about the blast reached the controller at 04:05, local time, an official in the press service of the Russian Ministry for Emergencies (RME) center for Krasnoyarsk Territory has told Itar-Tass.

"When the first rescue unit arrived at the scene, the food pavilion was completely destroyed and a torch-like burning of one of propane gas cylinders was observed. The wooden structural elements of the pavilion were also burning. Rescuers removed two propane cylinders with a capacity of 25 litres each from the pavilion," the press service official said.

The blast wave smashed window glass in a number of nearby residential buildings, a chidren's polyclinic, and cars. The fire was put out at 04:34, local time. An arson is supposed to have caused the fire.

Show more
In other media
Partner News