VLADIVOSTOK, December 21 (Itar-Tass) — The dead bodies of victims of the wreck of the drillling platform Kolskaya will be officially identified on December 22 when the eleven dead bodies of seamen will be brought to Sakhalin, an official in the press service of the Far Eastern transport investigating department (FETID) of the Investigation Committee of Russia told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
It was reported earlier that nine victims had been identified by documents found on them.
The FETID official said, "The questioning of survivors and of crewmembers of the tugboat Neftegaz-55 is being continued. "The accounts given by those questioned are not disclosed while the investigation is going on."
Among the platform's crewmembers were the residents of Murmansk Region, Bashkortostan, Moscow City and Region, Sakhalin, Magadan, and Belgorod Regions, and Khabarovsk and Krasnoyarsk Territories.
Criminal proceedings have been instituted under an RF Penal Code article listing "a breach of rules for shipping safety and operaion of a sea transport, entailing death of two or more persons by negligence".
During the investigation, an estimate is to be made as to why exhaustive measures were not taken to rescue crewmembers of the platform Kolskaya for two hours between the issue of a distress signal and the actual submergence of the platform. The actions of officials who made decision on the towing of the drilling platform and the conduct of a rescue operation will be scrutiinized as well.