WADA’s move shows trust in Russia’s anti-doping measures — ministerSport June 28, 1:02
US disciplinary procedure against jailed Russian businessman Bout delayed — attorneyWorld June 27, 23:16
FIFA report on Russia’s 2018 World Cup bidding proves legitimacy of its win — deputy PMSport June 27, 21:08
FIFA report on Russia’s 2018 bidding dismisses Western media allegations — LOC chiefSport June 27, 19:53
Encrypting ransomware Petya attacks computers worldwide — Kaspersky LabBusiness & Economy June 27, 19:23
Kremlin says its computers not affected by hacker attackRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 27, 18:55
Security experts urge Putin, Trump to overcome disagreementsWorld June 27, 18:51
Jury to deliver verdict on Nemtsov murder case on June 28Society & Culture June 27, 18:42
Syrian president visits Russia’s Khmeymim airbaseWorld June 27, 18:17
ASTANA, December 18 (Itar-Tass) —— The death toll of riots in Zhanaozen, western Kazakhstan’s Mangistau region, has grown to 13, Kazakh Prosecutor General’s Office spokesman Nurdaulet Suindikov said on Sunday.
“According to the latest reports, the riots hurt 86 people, and 13 are dead,” he said.
About 60 people have been detained for breaching the curfew, which was announced in the city on Saturday. Eight are arrested on suspicion of their involvement in the riots.
He also said that an attempt to seize a court building and attacks on police officers had been prevented.
“An attempt to seize the building of the Zhanaozen administrative court, looting and attacks on police officers have been prevented over the past day,” he said.
“Claims of the alleged bloodbath are totally unfounded. That is misinformation spread with provocative goals,” he said.
“The police did not use firearms during the day,” he said.