Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

15 army conscripts went AWOL from Kyrgyzstan unit

December 09, 2011, 13:54 UTC+3
If the fugitives do not return to the military unit within three days, a criminal case against them will be opened and they will have to go on trial
1 pages in this article

BISHKEK, December 9 (Itar-Tass) — Fifteen conscripts at a time have went AWOL from a military unit, located in the territory of the Bishkek garrison in Kyrgyzstan, the republic’s Defence Ministry told Itar-Tass on Friday.

“So far none of them has returned,” the ministry’s press-service said. “Their parents have been contacted for explanatory work and we hope that very soon the situation will be normalised.” The press service stressed that if the fugitives do not return to the military unit within three days, a criminal case against them will be opened and they will have to go on trial.

The military unit’s authorities so far cannot say what made the soldiers and sergeants leave the unit, but noted that “the issue of hazing is not even considered,” because all the runaways are old-timers. The Ministry of Defence suggests that the most likely cause is “an interpersonal conflict with the command.” “In any case, the incident will be investigated,” stressed the press service.

 

 

 

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама