Putin awards Valtteri Bottas with Russian F1 GP TrophySport April 30, 18:02
FIA Formula One 2017 Russian Grand Prix boosts off in SochiSport April 30, 15:23
Merkel to pay first visit to Russia in two years for talks with PutinWorld April 30, 14:40
Passenger plane crashes in CubaWorld April 29, 22:49
US anti-missile systems in Eastern Europe violate INF Treaty - Russian foreign ministryRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 29, 20:35
Moscow police say 250 people take part in protest rallyWorld April 29, 16:29
Abe plans to continue dialogue with Putin to solve global issuesWorld April 29, 14:50
Moscow is ready to cooperate with Washington on Syria — LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 29, 12:24
Diplomat calls US’ allegations about isolation of Russia in UN 'strange'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:58
TSKHINVAL, November 30 (Itar-Tass) — Ex-candidate for president of South Ossetia Alla Dzhioyeva, who insists that she secured a majority of votes during the election, has set up a State Council of ten people. She announced that in an appeal to the nation and government agencies in the Republic of South Ossetia.
The appeal states that “29,053 people took part in the voting. A total of 11,289 of them voted for the candidacy of Anatoly Bibilov, and 16,466 – for Alla Dzhioyeva. The election was recognized valid by the South Ossetian Central Election Commission as well as by all international observers”.
Dzhioyeva announces that she sets up the State Council of the Republic of South Ossetia, which will consist of ten people, including six presidential candidates out of 11 participating in the first round of the election on November 13. “They have given their consent,” Dzhioyeva told Itar-Tass.
The appeal states that the State Council will have powers until the executive authorities envisaged by the Constitution are formed. The official authorities, for their part, maintain that different money remunerations have been promised to supporters of Alla Dzhikhoyeva who plan to take part in protest actions scheduled for Wednesday, a source from law enforcement agencies told Tass.
According to their information “rank-and-file participants will get from 1,000 to 5,000 rubles. From 100,000 to 200,000 rubles have been promised to the so-called team heads, bringing to the action over 50 participants, while the organizers will get 500,000 each,” the source said.
The Supreme Court of South Ossetia on Tuesday declared the returns from the November 27 presidential election null and void, thereby sustaining a complaint from the Unity party against what it claimed was unlawful action by supporters of their rival, candidate Alla Dzhioyeva.
The parliament of South Ossetia set March 25, 2012 as a new presidential election date.
South Ossetian Opposition leader Alla Dzhioyeva said she will not recognize the ruling by the republic's Supreme Court if it annuls the election results.
Dzhioyeva said she had proof that there had been no serious violations in the course of the voting. "They should have been recorded at the Central Election Commission on the election day, not after the voting results became known," she said in an interview with Echo of Moscow radio on Tuesday.
In her opinion, they began to claim violations in order to secure victory for her rival Anatoly Bibilov. "We regard the actions by the chairman of the Supreme Court as absolutely unprofessional. The incumbent authorities do not wish to step down in a civilized manner," the Opposition leader said.