MOSCOW, November 25 (Itar-Tass) —— A child and a woman were found dead after the fire, which broke out at the house of a clergyman in the Moscow Region, a source in the regional emergency situation service told Itar-Tass on Friday.
“In the cleanup of the debris of the burnt house a child and a woman were found dead. Two people are reported missing so far,” the source said.
The fire broke out at about 8 a.m. Moscow time on Friday at a private house in the village of Titovskoye in the Sergiev-Posad district. Eleven people, namely the wife of the priest, seven children and three workers were staying in the house.
Seven people were saved, all of them were brought to the Sergiev-Posad central district hospital. “Three adults got injuries and bruises, four children got poisoned with carbon dioxide,” the press service reported.
“Several fire theories are being investigated, the main ones are the careless handling with fire or the malfunction in heating devices,” the source said.
“According to preliminary reports, the fire alarm call came too late. When first fire engines arrived at the fire site, the fire had already spread on the full house and the roof collapsed,” the source said, not ruling out that people were trying to put down the fire themselves.