Activists in Berlin stage picket condemning Obama’s foreign policyWorld January 19, 21:17
Russian regulator promises to respond to any US restrictions of RT channelRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 19, 21:09
FIFA: Over 82,400 ticket requests applied globally for 2017 Confederations Cup in RussiaSport January 19, 20:17
Russia stands for developing legal tool to fight cyber hooliganismRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 19, 20:00
Russia is developing advanced hypersonic weapons — ministryMilitary & Defense January 19, 19:50
Former USSR leader receives Lithuanian court’s summons as witness in case over 1991 eventsWorld January 19, 19:29
FIDE chief says he plans to seek US entry after President-elect Trump’s inaugurationSport January 19, 18:56
Russian economy minister: Results of 2016 demonstrated adjustment to cheap oil, sanctionsBusiness & Economy January 19, 18:44
Russia ready to welcome Trump at economic forum in St. Petersburg — first deputy PMBusiness & Economy January 19, 18:29
MOSCOW, November 23 (Itar-Tass) —— Russia’s major aviation carrier Aeroflot – Russian Airlines may pay about 800 million euros to 2020, if Europe introduces greenhouse gas emission quotas for aviation companies, head of the company Vitaly Savelyev told the 5th international forum Transport of Russia on Wednesday.
Consequently, the company will distribute the expenses among air tickets’ fares, he said.
According to the European legislation, aviation companies, which are using the European air space, pay for greenhouse emissions from engines of their planes. Companies are to buy emission quotas, which are calculated as follows: 85 percent of the company’s passenger flow in 2010 are free, and the remaining 15 percent are to be paid with money.
From January of 2012, Russia will become part of the European system trading greenhouse gas emissions. Experts say that in 2012 only, Russian aviation companies will pay to Europe 20-25 million dollars for the quotas, and further on the cost will be only growing due to annual cutting of free quotas and due to growing transport flow.
Earlier reports said that Russia’s aviation and state authorities are distinctly against the system and may even ban legally payment for those quotas.