NATO defense ministers discuss more presence in Black Sea region — StoltenbergWorld October 26, 14:24
FIDE president hopes US authorities to grant him entry visa next weekSport October 26, 14:20
Medvedev, participants in Open Innovations forum leave confernce hall for security reasonsBusiness & Economy October 26, 14:03
Russian early warning and control aircraft A-50 take part in CIS air defense drillsMilitary & Defense October 26, 13:55
Diplomat stresses Russia carries out no airstrikes near AleppoRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 26, 13:46
Russian diplomat points out EU refusal to establish contacts with Eurasian Economic UnionRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 26, 13:23
Russia’s upper house approves suspension of plutonium deal with USRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 26, 13:17
Press review: possible ban on LinkedIn in Russia and political stability in JapanPress Review October 26, 13:00
Russia and India will expand military cooperation with focus on Navy projectsRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 26, 12:49
NIZHNY NOVGOROD, November 20 (Itar-Tass) — The cause for a fire that happened last night in the town of Shumerlya, Chuvashiya Republic, and that took the lives of three children, could be a faulty electric kitchen range or a brick stove. Firefighters called these possible causes for the tragedy.
“The fire signal at a private wooden house in Shumerlya was received by an duty officer at 01.38. Firefighters came to the place almost right away and localized the fire at 02.15. The fire was put out completely at 06.25.
However, while clearing up the debris, they found the bodies of a seven-year-old boy, then a five-year-old girl and a three-year-old boy. They also found their mother, 31, who was hospitalized with numerous burns.
According to preliminary data, the fire was spotted by the children’s mother. She tried to extinguish fire on her own, then dashed to neighbors for help, but could not return home, engulfed in flames.