MOSCOW, November 11 (Itar-Tass) —— The Russian Foreign Ministry rejected by documents a statement, which the Tajik Foreign Ministry made that Russian diplomats allegedly did not address to Dushanbe over the Sadovnichy pilot criminal case. The Russian Foreign Ministry posted the requests, which the ministry made in the Tajik law enforcement agencies to make clear the details of the arrest of the Russian pilot. These documents are dated by May 2011.
The Tajik Foreign Ministry stated earlier that “during the preliminary investigation and the trial over the criminal case the Russian Foreign Ministry and the Russian embassy did not make either oral or written requests in the Tajik Foreign Ministry.”
“The consular division of the Russian embassy expresses its respect to the consular division of the Tajik Foreign Ministry and takes honour to ask to confirm the information transmitted to the embassy over the arrest of Russian citizen Sadovnichy in the city of Kurgan-Tyube,” the Russian embassy said in a letter on May 17, 2011.
The Russian ambassador said in an address made at the same date to the chairman of the Tajik National Security State Committee that he asks strongly to give instructions “to check the facts outlined in the letter and to take measures to settle the problem.”
The pilots of the Rolkan airline Russian citizen Vladimir Sadovnichy and Estonian citizen Alexei Rudenko were arrested on March 12 after a forced landing at the airport in Kurgan-Tyube. The Tajik court sentenced them to 10.5 years in a tough security penitentiary and commuted the sentence by two years under the presidential amnesty. The pilots were found guilty on all three previous charges, namely the violation of the international flight rules, illegal border transgressing and smuggling. Both airplanes An-72 were confiscated in Tajikistan.